As the course comes to an end, we have accomplished as much of the demo and project as a whole as we wanted to. TweetBeat now has basic functionality, and we have lots of plans for further development.
TweetBeat is a web application geared toward journalists who are reporting on a specific beat and [...]
Well, we made it to the end. It has definitely been a long quarter but in spite of any roadblocks we ran into, we built a website that we’re very proud of and have even been utilizing ourselves! Our product, NewsTube, can be found at newstube.herokuapp.com!
Searching for news videos in YouTube [...]
Throughout the quarter our team — like several others in the class — has been faced with the challenge of identifying, harvesting, and matching keywords in online content.
With our presentations over, now’s a great time to reflect on the various approaches that we all used.
Buzz went through several iterations of keyword extraction. First, [...]
Our prediction model is coming along nicely. We’ve shifted from attempting to predict each number exactly to giving a targeted range in order to have better statistical integrity. For instance, the model predicts “Catching Fire” will make between $400 million and $450 million. In that particular case, the model is giving the most weight to [...]
This week, we have added many interesting features being added to the application. We now display the frequency of keywords with a bar chart, and also display the most popular hashtags for the Twitter network built by TweetBeat. We also display the most central users in the network, and the most popular shared links.
On the day before our final presentation, our team is now working to make the polishing touches that will make our application as useful and as user-friendly as possible. Our statistics are still coming from the same CTA ridership data set from the City of Chicago Data Portal, however we have enhanced our analysis and [...]
Discover Common Connections Over Twitter
Last week, we accomplished a lot! Integration of back end and front end was almost complete. Our three major functionality were up and running: Topics: Here we are extracting tweets from twitter profiles of two input twitter handles. Then in the form of [...]
This week we have added key features to the TweetBeat application:
A bar chart representation for the keywords. Display of hashtags Display of “central users” — those who are top-ranked by our algorithm Links shared by users in the network.
Without exceeding the Twitter API rate limit, TweetBeat can build an initial network of 60 [...]
We have a logo and a design. The logo is meant to convey that old-fashioned movie feel that hopefully will evoke memories for our users, and the design is meant to be as simple and intuitive as possible, with users
Here’s the logo:
And here’s the full version of the design, with an example [...]
Since we’ve integrated the front and back end of our project, the Buzz Team has accomplished a lot. The integration gave us a clear view of what needed to be done in order to make our project ideal for our intended users. For instance, once we were able to display the data for [...]
Search our site
- Teams, Fall 2013
- Teams, Spring 2011
- Teams, Spring 2012
- Teams, Spring 2013